22 Aug #Slayer5K, Hosted By Birdrock Coffee Roasters, San Diego CA
We’re teaming up with our partners at Birdrock Coffee Roasters to roll out this massive joy ride, the #Slayer5K.
The SLAYER5K begins with 64 competitors separated into two, 32 person brackets via blind draw for seeding. Baristas compete head to head with an immediate elimination for one as the other moves on. The top three competitors from each bracket will move on to the finals. Here’s where it gets interesting – the Slayer Wild Card. Every drink that does not move forward throughout the competition will be given a score (judging parameters below). The two top scores from the loser’s circle (either bracket) will come back into the competition creating the great eight! These folks are vying for very big cash prizes:
FIRST PLACE, $5000
SECOND PLACE, $1250
THIRD PLACE, $650
FOURTH PLACE, $300
Buy-in is $20 to compete, complementary to attend as a guest. Guests and competitors are automatically entered into our prize raffle, tickets and two beverage vouchers are complementary, available at the door. An additional 8 tickets for the Slayer5K will be reserved for lottery walk-in signups at the door, the evening of the event.
3PM Doors Open for Competitor Check-In and Lottery Sign-UP
3:30 Event is Open to All
4PM Competition Begins
RSVP to attend or compete HERE.
An additional 8 tickets for the Slayer5K will be reserved for lottery walk-in signups at the door, the evening of the event.
Details regarding our sponsors and all the lovely raffle prizes they have generously provided will be posted up by the end of the week. Along with an early raffle giveaway!
Competition Details, Judging Categories & Breakdown
Competitors can bring their own pitcher but will be required to use the sponsored cup. Cup sponsor is ACME, Style- Cappuccino CUP 190ml (approximately 6.4 fluid ounces)
10 pt. Creativity OR Symmetry
25 pt. Color Infusion
25 pt. Definition & Execution
40 pt. Difficulty
Creativity OR Symmetry– In this category the latte artist can choose to gain up to 10 points for pouring a creative or symmetrical pour
- Creativity means a non-traditional pour
- Symmetry is remarkably balanced or mirrored affect from side to side in the cup with a clean draw through the middle
Color Infusion– In this category the latte artist can gain up to 25 possible points
- intentional deep brown color
- often seen as the ring or framework around the pour
- showcases a clear and remarkable contrast of brown and white coloring layers
- not washed out or smeared in the base or around the framework
Definition & Execution– In this category the latte artist can gain up to 25 possible points
- a skillful pour that also showcases a high quality, even/fine microfoam
- strong dark lines of separation from brown to white without any bleeding as the layers tighten in the art, “defined”
- EX. It’s possible for a drink to have great color infusion however due to poor microfoam quality, the definition would be lacking
Difficulty– In this category the latte artist can gain up to 40 possible points
- This eye catching pour is hard to master and showcases true professionalism within the pour selection
- It may also showcase a merge or deviation from a classic pour with an intentional wrap from top to bottom or multiple art forms
Additional details for the event, inquire with Sarah Dooley firstname.lastname@example.org